Saturday, March 5, 2011

Crisis- No Missed Opportunity

It is said that there is no such thing as a missed opportunity, one just has to recognize that not all opportunities are appropriate at this time. For example, this year I was supposed to be on my way to the Aswan area of Egypt, touring down the Nile on a two week discovery of self and research. Yet I was unable to partake upon this spiritually educating sabbatical as one of my benefactors fell thru. Although a cleansing in one of the world's oldest civilizations is exactly what I need at this moment, the "opportunity" would have been extremely dangerous had I went as planned in March/April; as we are all aware of the civil unrest currently residing in the middle east.

What I perceived a year ago as an opportunity to visit the ruins of my homeland now built up into a resort area, would have actually turned out to be the yin of crisis placing my life and general well-being at risk. Yet my missed opportunity actually became a redirective catalyst of promotion resulting in a novel, a radio show, and the finding of many interesting people that I would not otherwise have encountered nor sought out. Don't get me wrong the road has not been easy as I have suffered great loss in the past year thru death, broken engagement, multiple accidents and cancer yet the rewards and respect have been unimaginable. I believe it was John F. Kennedy who stated in his 1959 address "When written in Chinese the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters - one represents danger and the other represents opportunity." As I think back to my most opportunistic endeavors, they have emerged from "crisis."


Had my daughter not been attacked by teachers and administrators in Champaign Schools, I would have never met some amazing advocates or most importantly communed with God whom I call Anu (sumerion). I also would not have time to study ancient texts such as the Book of Thoth, Lost Book of Enki, Papyrus of Ani or the Kama Sutra which I discovered was hardly about sex as westerners have so corrupted it to be. Had my daughter not been diagnosed with Autism, I would not have become a teacher being inspired to assist other young individuals who struggle with impairments and disabilities. The list can go on for myself but I digress.


So maybe former President Kennedy and the chinese are correct their thought processes that out of every crisis emerges both elements: danger and opportunity. You just have to simply differentiate between the two characters.


Peace, Love and Bliss


Angelah

No comments:

Post a Comment