Thursday, June 23, 2011

Footprints In the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord, that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”
The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints,
my child, is when I carried you.”



Sometimes we are so blind, ignorant, silly and crazy minded that we don’t even see the times we are being carried by God. We don’t even understand that we are being carried because we are so busy looking down below at the garbage, the broken pieces from the chaos, confusion, suffrage, anguish, turmoil and despair we’re looking left, we’re looking right and all we see in the midst of all this garbage is a distortion. While we are looking down and see one set of footprints and we think “well they gotta be mine because I don’t see anything else, I must be walking alone” Yet we are not walking at all because we are being carried. Being carried through things we don’t even understand we are being protected from. Being carried through those broken pieces of glass set out to undercut our feet so that we don’t even feel the pain, experience the blood.

Instead we experience a blood line of a Kingdom. A great kingdom with an overflowing reservoir, that contains more than enough. An abundant life of universal, infinite love that is so high that oftentimes we do not even see it ourselves. This kingdom directs the pathway to achieve your greatest success in the moment. You may want to travel to China but do not have the funds to fly and that infinite source will direct you to a little shop with an affordable Jade jewelry set. You may want to seek serenity in India yet do not have the resources but the Re (God) Source will unveil a statue of Ganesh, a brass vase, silver goblets imported from that very space. That is the one set of footprints, the carrying, the direct pathway reminding you of the promise brought within your heart.

In the times when the world attempts to knock you down: Joblessness, Homelessness, Profiling, Stereotyping, Debt, yet we are all being carried. When the world tells you “No You Can’t” the source, God, says “Yes You Can” Barack Obama did not come up with the concept “Yes We Can” That statement was declared many generations, thousands of years ago: “Yes I Can” A Spiritual concept that we ourselves do not full understand. In the King James version of the bible God told Moses to tell the people “I am THAT I am” (Exodus 3:14) Meaning the great one, the master of ALL the verb, the infinite love that says “Yes I can.” When the fathers of children walk out on the mothers or vice versa, it is the universe that says “I shall be the father.” When the schools dejected many children from their space because they were not smart enough or rich enough, because they had a disability or were a certain race, it is the universal master of ALL that says “I shall be the teacher.” When those says “No you can’t, I choose not to participate” it is the Re (God) Source that says “I will participate” and when He participates you will not have your items any longer. Every single being that rob, kill, steal and destroy will lose that which they’ve gained because of that one set of footprints that carries those who cannot walk.

Those one set of footprints that carries is the builder to those who do not have homes, the restaurant to those who do not have food, the husband to the widow, the father to the fatherless, the teacher to those who do not have education, the doctor to those who do not have medical coverage, the provider to those who do not have provisions, the soldier to those who do not have protection. That one set of footprints carries us over the threshold into the new home, new life, new day, new realm.

It was the Greeks who 1st recorded the concept of the husband carrying his wife over the threshold because in ancient times it was believed that when a union had commenced, demons stood at the doorway or the in between to sever the ties that bind. To ensure the demons did not trip his wife, the husband picked her up in protection. That is what the source, God, is doing for us: Protecting from all those demons that attempt to break you down, pull you apart, tear you up and eat you alive. Yet when those single footprints are carrying us over the threshold those demons cannot even touch us because we are being covered and carried by the one set of “Footprints in the Sand.”
Peace, Love, Bliss
Angelah

1 comment:

  1. Here is what a fellow twitter follower shared with me regarding my newest blog "Hi, you have a very powerful blog, read about the footprints in the sand and it brought a tear to my eye" -- colourmysoul

    ReplyDelete